- B.S. from Tulane University in 1995
- Teacher Certification Program at Tulane in 1997
- Ms. Tuberty taught various Middle School and High School science classes in both New Orleans and Florida from 1997-2002.
- Ms. Tuberty has been teaching at Appalachian State University since 2004
- Earned an M.S. working in conjunction with Dr. Max Dass from Appalachian State University in 2007
- Her favorite thing about teaching is helping a student get through a course that many find intimidating and or challenging.
Ms. Tuberty’s area of expertise is in science education and although she is not currently conducting research, her specific area of interest is scientific literacy.
Tuberty, B., Dass, P.M., & Windelspecht, M. (2011). Students understanding of scientific hypotheses, theories & laws: Exploring the influence of a non-majors introductory biology course. International Journal of Biology Education, 1, 23-41.
She also loves to travel, hike & cook.
Email address: Email me
Phone: (828) 262-6113