- Ph.D. Analytical Chemistry from Louisiana State University (Baton Rouge, LA)
- Mentor: Prof. Isiah M. Warner
- Research: Improved protein separations and characterizations using novel ionic liquid surfactants
- B.Sc. Computational Chemistry from University of Colombo (Sri Lanka)
- Chemistry Lecturer at Appalachian State University, Fall 2021
- Adjunct Chemistry and Biochemistry Instructor at North Carolina A&T State University
- Research Associate at North Carolina A&T State University
- Bio-analytical separations and characterization using ionic liquid surfactants
- Design of novel composite materials for biological applications and catalysis
"Cationic Ionic Liquid Surfactant-Polyacrylamide Gel Electrophoresis for Enhanced Separation of Acidic and Basic Proteins with Single-Step Ribonuclease b Glycoforms Separation," Journal of Chromatography A, 2017; Vidanapathirana, P., Hasan, F., Mussio, K., Pande, A., Brands, M., Siraj, N., Grove, A., & Warner, I. M.
"Ionic liquids as buffer additives in ionic liquid-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis separation of mixtures of low and high molecular weight proteins," RSC Advances, 5(85), 69229-69237, 2015; Hasan, F., Vidanapathirana, P., Das, S., Fernand, V. E., Siraj, N., Losso, J. N., & Warner, I. M.
"Imidazolium-dysprosium-based magnetic NanoGUMBOS for isolation of hemoglobin," Talanta,2019; Cong, M., Perez, R.L., Chen, M., Chapai, R., Jin, R., Vidanapathirana, P., & Warner, I. M.
Email address: Email me
Phone: (828) 262-7150