Need a permit?
Information for permits and the form requesting a permit can be found here.
If you are enrolling in an upper-level Chemistry course that needs department chair approval, please contact your advisor to submit a permit request to our office.
CHE 4580/4581: Biochemistry 1
If these classes are full, please complete the waitlist for the appropriate term.
CHE 4100/4110: Principles of Biochemistry Waitlist
If these classes are full, please complete the waitlist below.
The Biochemistry faculty will determine if additional students will be added to sections prior to the start of classes. You will be notified by email if you are able to receive a permit.
Still Can't Find a Seat?
If you have tried every lab and lecture section and are unable to successfully register:
- Build a schedule with other classes you need. Remember, the minimum for full-time status is twelve credit hours, but 15-16 is preferred.
- Be flexible and look for places you can change your schedule to get a CHE seat.
- Fill out the Permit Request Form. This is the best way to reach us so we have the information needed to help you. This is not an automated process; please be patient and allow at least 24-48 hours for a reply (not including weekends). We will ask for additional information if needed. For efficiency, please do not email permit status inquiries. We will respond to the permits in the order they were received.
- Please continue to search for open CHE lab and lecture seats until the 5th day of the semester. Most students will be seated before this point.
- Students can register before it is known whether the pre-requisite(s) has been passed. Students that do not pass pre-requisites are dropped from courses, making seats available for registration.
- If you have reached out to the Chemistry department, be sure to frequently check your email for responses from email@example.com.
Be patient and stay calm. We are able to help most students into classes once registration has closed.