Submitting this form can request:
- Permission to register to retake only one part of a Chemistry course
- Assistance with pre-requisite errors
- Assistance with registering due to reserved seating errors or capacity limits
Due to the high volume of requests, please allow 24-48 hours after submitting for us to determine if we can grant your permit. We will respond to requests submitted after 5 p.m. on Friday by the end of the day the following Monday. Thank you for your understanding!
Please read the following before submitting:
- If you only need to retake one part of a lecture/lab pair:
- Please submit a permit request to separate the lecture and lab before registering for both, as doing so holds a seat that someone else could take. We are happy to grant your request, provided you have attempted the courses together in the past.
- If you have already registered for both, once the permit is granted you will need to drop the unneeded course in AppalNet.
- It is your responsibility to follow up as soon as possible if you have any questions about your permit.
- If you are currently taking the course for which you are seeking a permit:
- We will issue a permit to retake a lecture or a lab without knowing your final grade.
- Please note, however, that if you have not passed the co-requisite course you must register for both.
- Some permits are generic and not for a specific Course CRN.
- Please do not provide the CRN in the Request Form.
- It is your responsibility to find a seat. We will request preferences if CRN numbers if needed.
- Some majors require a minimum grade in certain classes in order for them to be credited towards the major requirements.
- Please be sure to check your major requirements prior to requesting a permit.
- If you do not meet the pre-requisites, you will not be able to register.
Biochemistry/Fundamentals of Biochemistry Requests:
Biochemistry and Fundamentals of Biochemistry Waitlists can be found here.
Permit Request Form
Please select the class you want to register for.